Sunday, November 20, 2016

Massive deportation

"I will build a great wall---and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me---and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."-President Donald Trump
After Donald Trump got elected as president of the U.S, so many are now living in fear of potential deportation. Massive deportation is known to be one of his main priorities and concerns. Trump also mentioned even eliminating the DACA program that was issued to immigrant kids who arrived before 16 years of age which allows them to renew a 2 year temporary work permit. Although not much has been said after the election regarding the immigration topic, my Mexican community is absolutely shattered and anxious to hear for the answer that could potential change our lives forever. What will happen to the millions of undocumented immigrants? Can Trump mandate and carry out such an atrocity all by himself? Those that have been raised in the U.S their whole life could be running the risk of going back to an unfamiliar country that they do not have the slightest clue about. Considering the many broken families that will be left behind by the idea of massive deportation. The protesting has initiated since Trump's victory, we must be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment